[Trainer-talk] totally blind trainer, training to use ZoomText

Jeanine Lineback jlineback at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 12 02:38:27 UTC 2008

I taught myself ZoomText and trained low vision persons on ZoomText.  I am
totally blind.  I used JAWS and Window-Eyes with ZoomText to learn the
application.I can't say for the built in speech that comes with ZoomText
because out have the version without speech since I already own the other
two above mentioned screen readers.  However, experierenced ZoomText
trainers who are blind have told me that the speech that Zoomtext provides
is not complete enough for a totally blind person to learn the application
but that it works well enough once you know the application to use it to
teach a person with low-vision.
Hth
Jeanine