[Trainer-talk] Is this legitimate

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Mon Dec 15 18:00:02 UTC 2008

Is it "legitimate."  Well, the NFB does have its annual convention
during this period, and it is in Detroit this year, so in that sense
yes.  People don't receive specific invites, but anyone who registers
can come and participate.

Whether the folks in Turkey are trying to raise money for this, or it
is a scam, I couldn't say * but it sounds real.

Dave

David Andrews
Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave. W., #240
St. Paul, MN  55114-1840
(651) 642-0513  Office
(612) 730-7931  Cell
(651) 649-5927  Fax

>>> "Ginger Roe" <brandywine at pgrb.com> 12/15/2008 10:53 AM >>>

Hi,
I received this today and I was wondering if it is legitimate or not.

Dear Sir/Madam,

we are looking for individuals, companies and organisations to sponsor
couple of visually impaired colleagues to attend the research programme
in
USA.

This research programme is organised by National Federation for the
Blind,
and will be taking place in Detroit, (USA), between 3 and 8 July 2009,
and 2
of our colleagues from our organisation will be attending as invited
visitors.

At this programme, our colleagues will be taking part in the
discussions/debates on:
Latest technological developments in visually impaired assistive
technology;
Education and training of visually impaired children and infants;
Education of families of visually impaired children and infants;
Adaptation of visually impaired people into social life etc.

In order for our colleagues to attend this programme, we need $4640
that
includes the flight tickets, hotels travel etc.  Unfortunately, our
organisation could not afford to pay this cost.  Further, the
Governmental
departments that we applied for a grant to help us with this trip was
not
successful.  For this reason, we are looking to other individuals,
companies
and organisations to help us.

As the above cost may be high for an individual, or, an organisation,
we
have created a funding pool to receive donation for this purpose.

We look forward to hear from individuals, companies and organisations
that
could help us to attend this research programme.  Please get in touch
on the
contact details below, so we can get one step closer to achieving our
aim.

I thank you for your time and help on this matter.

Best regards.

Ibrahim Elibal

For Donation/Sponsor: PayPal:(e-mail) elibal at superonline.com

Ibrahim Elibal