[Trainer-talk] Dolphin Computer Access Press Release: "Your Dolphin team grows stronger. Meet them this July at ACB, NFB & AHEAD"

Dolphin Computer Access dolphin at yourdolphin.com
Thu Jul 2 09:31:50 UTC 2009

Dolphin Computer Access logo

Dolphin Computer Access
Delivering Independence
Image of an eye looking back at you from the email.

Your Dolphin team grows stronger.
Meet them this July at ACB, NFB & AHEAD

1st July 2009: Meet your ever growing Dolphin Computer Access team at
the American Council of the Blind annual convention July 3rd thru
July 11th in Orlando, the National Federation of the Blind 2009
national convention July 3rd thru July 8th in Detroit and the AHEAD
2009 Global Access Conference July 20th thru July 25th in Louisville.

Join Gareth Collins & SuperNova version 11 at ACB 2009, Orlando

Photo of Gareth Collins
  Already a familiar voice to many Dolphin Computer Access customers,
Gareth Collins has been working in Dolphin's product support offices
for more than 19 years.  Originally from Wales, Gareth has called the
US home for the last 6 years and is based in the east coast New Jersey office.

Primarily focused on delivering excellent product support, Gareth
spends his working day supporting the rapidly growing community of US
Dolphin users and Dolphin product dealers as he explains;

Open quotation mark
  Dolphin are not the biggest access technology vendor in the US, but
we do work extremely hard on ensuring our users get the best possible
product experience.  As a magnification user myself, I know from
firsthand experience that being able to pick up the phone and get a
helpful, detailed and accurate response to your enquiry is
paramount.  That's my role, ensuring if ever a Dolphin user gets
stuck, I get them up & working as quickly as possible."

However, Gareth's expertise doesn't stop there.  his product design,
documentation creation and Dolphin Scripting skills are second to
none and are evident in the recently released
<http://www.yourdolphin.com/newsitem.asp?id=332>version 11 of
SuperNova Reader Magnifier, Hal Screen Reader, Lunar Screen Magnifier
and LunarPlus Enhanced Screen Magnifier.  The American Council of the
Blind convention July 3rd thru July 11th in Orlando offers the
perfect opportunity to meet Gareth & get a personal demonstration of
all of the new features and functionality now available to screen
reader and screen magnifier users in version 11.  Why not ask Gareth
about support for 64-Bit Windows, Dolphin's public beta support for
Windows 7, the extensive Braille support improvements, the Dolphin
Pen II, as well as the Internet Explorer 8, iTunes v8 and Skype v4 support?

Meet Andy Leach, Bentley & Dolphin Guide at NFB 2009, Detroit

Photo of Andy Leach
Compared to Gareth's 19 years, Andy Leach is a relative newcomer to
Dolphin, celebrating his 1st anniversary early this fall.  But Andy's
roots are set deep in the access technology industry, his previous
role being the regional sales manager for Freedom Scientific.  Now as
Dolphin's lead Sales Executive for the US and Canada, Andy's
expertise comes from having a user's knowledge of the full range of
screen readers, which led him to formulate his thoughts on access
technology for vision impaired seniors.

Open quotation mark
  Like a large percentage of people of employment age I was brought
up using a computer, but for many seniors and baby boomers that
simply isn't true.  Add in failing sight, low vision or blindness and
for many computer novices the learning curve with a 'professional'
screen reader becomes too steep, but these people still want to email
friends and family, surf the web and scan and read post.  But
learning how to achieve these tasks has to be easy."

"<http://www.yourdolphin.com/productdetail.asp?id=30>Dolphin Guide is
perfect for these users.  It removes all the complexity from the
modern PC by offering a simple menu system that walks the user
through every step, confirming their actions and progress with the
human sounding Realspeak voices.  For these users it is all about
gaining confidence at their own pace, knowing that you can't go
wrong.  Dolphin Guide is definitely the best talking software for
that journey."

Based in the Dayton, Ohio area, Andy and his guide dog Bentley will
be making the short hop north to Detroit later this week to attend
the National Federation of the Blind 2009 National Convention and to
showcase Dolphin Guide.  Conference visitors looking to meet Andy and
to talk about any Dolphin software, Including Dolphin Guide should
stop by booth C79.

Catch up with Jeff Bazer, Devon and exclusively preview EasyConverter
v5 at AHEAD 2009

Photo of Jeff Bazer
Jeff Bazer and his guide dog Devon are the new kinds on the block at
Dolphin, having joined only one month ago.  Previously employed by a
large US access technology vendor, Jeff was keen to work for a
company "that has their heart in the right place, working with
products I believe in."  Jeff is referring to his new Sales Executive
role for <http://www.yourdolphin.com/products.asp?cat=2>Dolphin's
alternative format creation and play back tools , more commonly known
as 'Altformat'.

Although based in Columbia, South Carolina, Jeff trains and advises
college & university disability service offices and instructional
material centers from all across America on how to best create DAISY
talking books, large print, Braille and MP3s for vision and print
impaired students.

Later this month Jeff will be joining his Swedish colleague Mattias
Karlsson at the AHEAD 2009 Global Access conference July 20th thru
July 25th in Louisville.  As Jeff describes;

Open quotation mark
  We are really excited to be offering a series of free alternative
format creation workshops in partnership with AltFormat.org at this
years AHEAD conference.  Lead by Dolphin's Chief Product Designer
Mattias Karlsson, the workshops will offer attendees a step-by-step
insight into the 'whole' alternative format creation process, from
the beginning as a raw source file, through to conclusion as quality
large print, MP3, DAISY talking books & Braille."

"I can also announce that AHEAD conference attendees & those signed
up for the free workshops will get a chance to preview and experience
the new EasyConverter version 5, complete with a new even easier to
use interface, a client profile manager, quick conversion options and
a brand new scanning engine.  To sign up for the free workshops
please visit,
<http://www.YourDolphin.com/book_event.asp>www.YourDolphin.com/book_event.asp
".

This newsletter is produced by the Dolphin Marketing Department.
If you would like to change the format of your email to Plain Text
then please let us know.

You have been sent this email as a result of your subscription to our
newsletter service or as a valued customer of the Dolphin Group. We
respect your privacy and if you no longer wish to be included in
these mailings please reply click here to
<http://www.yourdolphin.com/unsubscribe.asp?e=dandrews@visi.com&fop=32455&stage=1>unsubscribe

Copyright 2009 Dolphin Computer Access, Inc.
Registered in United States of America, Tax No. 200489635
Registered Address: 231 Clarksville Road, Suite #3, Princeton
Junction, NJ 08550
Visit Dolphin online at:
<http://gm-link.com/tm.asp?c=41098&u=dandrews@visi.com&i=151598>www.YourDolphin.com

All trademarks acknowledged, E&OE.