[Trainer-talk] Nuance's professional PDF converter

Al Yardley accesstechnology at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 4 03:32:59 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

Gosh it seems like every day I get a call from a JAWS user in the
professional or academic environment and they have been handed a PDF file
that JAWS (or any screen reader) can't read. Be it due to the security
settings or whatever, these files become a real pain in the backside. It
seems in the past the solution we have used is using optical character
recognition, rescanning the document and then being able to work with it.

I have recently heard of Nuance's Professional PDF converter and have heard
that maybe a solution. Has anyone out there used this program, especially on
those otherwise inaccessible adobe documents? Just trying to find a good,
sound effective and efficient solution.

I thank you in advance for any feedback.

Al Yardley

Access Technology

accesstechnology at earthlink.net

253 223 2069

Life isn't  about waiting   for the storm to  pass...
It's about  learning to dance in the  rain.