[Trainer-talk] driving down the price

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 18:29:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

Ok in my opinion this is rediculous! $1495.00 for braillenote gps plus $4000 or $5000 for the braillenote itself? Evenwith the VoiceNote that's still $3495.00or so. I understand braille displays cost a lot to make and $1695.00 is not bad for the refreshabraille.  But the price of GPS has to come down. Are the loadstone developers the only ones who realise this? If there is anybody on this list who could make Loadstone self-voiceing or make an NVDA for Symbian you would be benefiting many many many blind people all over the world. And probably someday Loadstone will havesome form of google maps with more comprehensive points of Interest inside  the software. I believe GPS is a right, not a privelege. Accessibility is a right, not a privelege. If people continue buying jaws and ignoring NVDA and system access, then by doing this you're saying accessibility is a privelege that only a few may have, and it is not a right. Thanks to NVDA and Serotek the price of the screen reader has come down to $0.00. Now can someone please get fired up about gps others besides myself and say lets drive down the price of GPS by supporting Loadstone and other loww-cost solutions like the iPhone? In my view, gpps is a privelege that every blind person around the world should have. If they don't want it they don't want it but if they do let the opportunity exist.
Come on guys lets either make loadstone self-voiceing or get a free open source symbian screen reader out there.

Josh

www.satogo.com Get klango at www.klango.net it's free! Get NVDA www.nvda-project.org it's free! Grab Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com it's free! and www.twitter.com/jkenn337 follow-me-on-twitter.