[Trainer-talk] Anyone aware of O&M applications for I-Pad?

Laine Amoureux laine.amoureux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 21:43:07 UTC 2011

I recently had a couple of O & M instructors ask me if we can find a
few ways to start implamenting the I-Pad in an O & M class.
So far, I have figured out how to use Maps, the built in Map program,
in the I-Pad 1st generation, to get walking instructions. This program
gets it's data from google maps, and I can make it display the
instructions in a list form.
Are there other features, built into the I-Pad, that may be helpful in
O & M? are there any GPS apps anyone would recommend that are working
with Voice Over?  Can those apps work with the model of the I-Pad that
is WIFI only? Any ideas of where I can start looking?
thanks
Laine Amoureux
Computer Literacy/Assistive Technology Instructor
Idaho Commission for the Blind & Visually Impaired