[Trainer-talk] O&M Training via Video?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Thu Jun 23 21:19:03 UTC 2011

Hello Gang,

A while back I seem to remember hearing of some video
training that supposedly taught O&M. Not sure if it was
online or not, though. I'm also thinking it was
something to do with the AER, but might be wrong.
Anyone know of such resources?

Also, can you think of any other ideas as to how to
help a newly blinded senior citizen who wants to learn
cane travel? He's in a remote area with no one nearby,
apparently, to jump on over too easily & help him out.
Also, the state agency & other regional agencies aren't
giving him much help so far, either. Got any ideas?

BTW, this gentleman has had a stroke and that's why he
lost his sight. But apparently he has no mobility
impairments from it. He's going home from the nursing
home soon, so I'm assuming would like to learn to get
around town in general, not just within a confined
space such as a nursing home.

Thanks in advance for any help here. I do love hearing
about senior citizens who aren't afraid of being seen
with a white cane. God bless 'em! ;-)

Strive On!
Everett
everett at everettgavel.com