[Trainer-talk] Outlook 2010 question

Jim jp100 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 3 15:00:03 UTC 2011

Good morning everyone, I'm going to make my questions as specific as
possible, as I have not been able to find the answer in help or a textbook.
Here goes.

I'm in the process of switching from one email address to another.  I am
also using Outlook 2010 and Jaws 12; although, I suppose when I get my SMA,
I can upgrade to 13.

In outlook 2010, I went ahead and added a new email account while continuing
to keep my old one active until all of the changes and updates had been
made.  I realized that when adding the new email account, it made a whole
new set of folders, unlike 2003 or 2007 which simply kept the same folders
and just did things like deliver the email to the general inbox and such.

Then I got to thinking that all I needed to do, now that the changes have
been made, was to edit my current email account and put in the new email
address, so that I can keep all of my created folders and such.  I deleted
the account I'd added so that I could simply edit my old account, but even
though I deleted the account, the new folders remain.

Also, I notice that if I edit my old and long standing outlook account, it
still keeps the old name containing the email address.

So, here are my questions.

First, how can I delete the extra set of folders since my goal is to edit my
old account and update it with the new email address so that I can keep all
of my created folders.

Second, how can I change the name of that old default email account?

Finally, if this isn't the best way of going about this, what are your
recommendations to make this migration go as smoothly as possible?  I should
have asked these questions before having proceeded, but I figured it would
be like Outlook 2007 where the folders would stay the same and both accounts
would be delivering to the same folders and such.

So, any help would be appreciated, and the more specific you can be, the
better I can understand.

Jim