[Trainer-talk] Hyper Link Issues Update

David Goldfield disciple1211 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 9 17:46:10 UTC 2012

Therese,
The message you're receiving warning about restrictions is one that one
of my former students ran into a while back.  If memory serves (and it
doesn't always) I think that he accidentally installed Chrome while
installing another program, probably CCleaner, which sometimes installs
Chrome.  I think that uninstalling Chrome fixed the problem.
Having said that my work computer does have a copy of Chrome with
Firefox as the default browser and I don't have this problem. Assuming
that you want Chrome on your system you could temporarily change your
default Web browser to Internet Explorer and see if that helps; I think
you can do this through "Default Programs" in the start menu but I'm not
sure if I'm right about that name.  My guess is that when you installed
Chrome your system tried to set Chrome as the default browser and
something got a bit corrupted.
Check Default Programs and tell it that IE is your default browser and
this may well get your issue fixed.
David