[Trainer-talk] internet explorer and the download file dialog box

Brett Boyer bboyer202 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:40:58 UTC 2012

Hi all. I have a new client that is having an issue where the open and save buttons don't appear in a separate box like they used to. Instead they appear at the top of the internet explorer window and is not easy for him to access the buttons. I'm going over there for the first time tomorrow and I don't want to waste a llot of time with this because we have wE and openbook to work with. As far as the IE thing goes I think I have seen this before but only when i used IE 9. He does have WE 7.5 so I believe IE 9 will work ok for him, I'm thinking this download issue is a setting in IE in that big treeview of advanced settings. If anybody knows I sure apreciate a shout-out telling me how to fix it, or where in the options its located.
I have an earlier version of WE so I cannot actually run IE 9 on my own computer at this time. It's so lovely to be a trainer with outdated software.
Anyway thanks in advance for any help.
bb
Brett Boyer
Audio Production and voice over
Listen to my demos at:
http://brettboyer.voices.com
Check out my radio show with a unique blend of comedy and music
Brett Boyer's Big Bag of Goodies!
http://www.mushroomfm.com/brettboyer
every Thursday 11 AM eastern 8 pacific
Listen to the Shroom live!