[Trainer-talk] Fwd: assessment of current JAWS / Braillenote skills

FRED TCHANG fred.tchang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:44:16 UTC 2012

I just wanted to let people know that I had found some interesting
checklists to assess where someone is starting from / or what they have
learned re: use of JAWS.  Thanks for Mike Barber from Iowa (my old stomping
grounds were in Iowa City- University of Iowa), for his tool aimed at
adults.

I also found some useful forms on the Texas school for the blind website.
 They are dated, but provide a useful base.  I found the one called "Speech
Technology Assessment" to be the most comprehensive single document.
http://tsbvi.edu/resources/21-technology/1005-vi-technology-assessment

I am curious- do others simply decide case by case, as we have, what
someone needs to learn?

Fred Tchang, ATP
RESNA Certified Assistive Technology Professional
Director, Assistive Technology Services

www.assistivetechnologycenter.org

Blog: www.assistivetechnj.blogspot.com

Advancing Opportunities
All Disabilities.  Many Services.  One Agency.