[Trainer-talk] laptop vs. desktop layout for children learning JAWS

John DeWitt john at 4dewitt.com
Sat May 12 15:55:28 UTC 2012

Hi Fred,

The JAWS laptop layout works very well even when using a desktop keyboard.
No need to teach both. In fact, I prefer the laptop layout since combination
keystrokes for paragraph, sentence, line, etc., do not require moving one's
hand from the QWERTY keyboard over to the Numpad keys; less strain, motion
or mistakes in typing. In addition I really like using the CAPS LOCK with A
to read from cursor. Try it, you might like it!

Otherwise, Fred, how are things going for your team with the CBVI contract?

John