[Trainer-talk] Technology position opening at Criss Cole

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:40:54 UTC 2012

Please forward this to anyone that you know who may be interested. Thanks.

Greetings. A technology position has opened at the Criss Cole
Rehabilitation Center. These positions do not occur often so if this
interests you, read on. Criss Cole is the adult training center for
the blind in Austin, Texas. Though I do not know for sure, I do not
believe that CCRC offers any relocation assistance. This is also not a
short term position, it is a full time job opening. The position is
open from May 22 to June 5. I am a technology instructor at CCRC and
can answer any questions anyone may have, or may forward your question
to my supervisor, who is actually doing the hiring. The applicant
should be familiar with using Windows 7, current Office 2010 software,
such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Internet Explorer; JAWS,
Window-Eyes, Zoom Text and Magic, and other common mainstream and
assistive technologies.

The link to the job description for external applicants is:
https://rm.accesshr.hhsc.state.tx.us/ENG/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=200736&szReturnToSearch=1&&szWordsToHighlight=ccrc

If that link does not work, go to:
http://accesshr.hhsc.state.tx.us

And click on the link, HHS job opportunities for external applicants
only. That will take you to a form where you can put CCRC in the edit
box, choose Austin in the city combo box, and Department of Assistive
and Rehabilitative services (which will likely be shortened) in the
agency combo box, then do a search.

Regards,
Wayne Merritt