[Trainer-talk] What adaptive technologies are effective for educators?

Nancy Coffman nancylc at sprynet.com
Sat Nov 3 23:36:57 UTC 2012

In Nebraska, we have children using Job Access with Speech (JAWS).  We also
have youth who are using Braille note taking devices.  If you are having
trouble getting technology funded, I would recommend NVDA (Nonvisual Desktop
Access).  It provides speech and Braille output with a variety of displays
and an affordable donation will get you a copy of the program.  For the
price, it is a gem.  I also like it on computers that don't have JAWS
because I can run it from a thumb drive.