[Trainer-talk] Braille display questions

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:48:03 UTC 2012

Hi Sarah. You can use the Braille display from the Omni with JAWS, but
since it is not a Bluetooth display, you cannot use it with the
iPhone. You will still need your computer for Office content since the
iPhone doesn't currently offer much support for accessibly using
Office documents. Plus, you may find that you are able to be more
productive on a computer with JAWS than you are with the iPhone.
Though I use my iPhone for a lot of things, I haven't thrown my
computer out either. There are some things that I simply find easier
and quicker on the computer than I do on the iPhone, such as working
with Word documents or writing email. I could do email on my phone,
but I am more comfortable with doing it on the computer. When or if I
get a Bluetooth braille display, that may change.

Regards,
Wayne Merritt