[Trainer-talk] eye-pal and kurzweil

Brett Boyer bboyer202 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:38:28 UTC 2012

Has anyone used or worked with the eye-pal and Kurzweil? I have a client who is using them but they don't seem to work very well. As a matter of fact the Kurzweil tech said the same thing, but these results are awfull.
I'm trying to steer my client away from cameras and just get a scanner. Even though cameras are great, in my experience,  there are still to many variables for getting a perfect picture and in turn a perfect scan.
It's one thing to read a menu or a sign but reading school work and/or books is a bit different. So I thought I'd ask you folks your thoughts on the eye-pal, camera's vs scanners, and any other scanning techniques.
I think the one reason he likes the camera is the speed and possibly being mobile with it.
bb