[Trainer-talk] Recommendations

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:44:39 UTC 2013

Howdy,

I have a student who is very bright and who is currently in training to go
back to school and then work.  She's a good computer user and is currently
learning Windows 7 and the MS Office 2010 suite.

She's also a Braille user and has taken to using something like a Braille
Display.  I currently let her use what is now considered to be a very old
BrailleNote.  She used to use one of them back in the day.  Finally, she
uses an IPhone.

Her counselor is talking with her about the possible type of equipment she
thinks would help her for school and future employment.  I'm wondering what
kinds of things  several of you trainers are suggesting these days.  Do you
still recommend Braille note takers, or do you go more with a portable
laptop with some kind of small Braille displays?  Reasons?

Jim