[Trainer-talk] Recommendations

Scott Blanks scott_blanks at lbcenter.org
Tue Feb 12 17:52:09 UTC 2013

Hi Jim,

I still recommend both note-takers and Braille displays, but I find that most working age adults who read Braille are likely to want to access Braille in several ways, i.e. through a computer, whether it be a desktop or laptop, as well as their smartphone.  The result is an increasing percentage of clients opting for Braille displays. Another possible advantage, depending on the end user, of a Braille display is that it allows direct access to mainstream applications on the computer/smartphone, whereas most note-takers are using a modified operating system, which can present some issues in terms of file conversion and efficiency.

Scott Blanks
Director of Rehabilitation Services
Lions Center for the Blind
Ph: 510-450-1580 Ext. 263