[Trainer-talk] OCR software and scanning

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Thu Feb 21 05:48:41 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone:

Abbyy FineReader is ABSOLUTELY ACCESSIBLE right out of the box!!  I use it
here with Window-Eyes and no scripts are required.  I have lots of friends
who use Abbyy FineReder with Jaws as well and there are ABSOLUTELY NO
SPECIAL SCRIPTS required to make it function.  It can scan directly into
Word, Excel, and more.

I've used it with the Plustek OptiBook scanner and I don't see why it won't
work with the Canon Lide scanner.

Abbyy FineReader is also available on the Android platform and I hear it
performs flawlessly too.  I'll definitely give it a good run when I grab my
Android smart phone in a few weeks.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado