[Trainer-talk] technology questions

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Mon May 27 21:24:46 UTC 2013

Hello:

     You have two different issues; taking notes and writing reports. A
notetaker cannot be used for professional looking reports. True, the text of
a report could be written with a notetaker and transferred to a PC or laptop
for editing. Professionals use different fonts, centering, headings,
footnotes and other wordprocessor features. Notetaking doesn't require the
same capabilities as report writing.
I would choose a Bluetooth capable braille display and a laptop. The braille
display can connect to an IOS device and when you want to use a laptop or
PC, the display can connect to it as well. Be sure to try before you buy. If
you are attending one of the national conventions, you can try out various
braille displays. Don't forget the extended service agreement. Hope this
helps.

Regards,

Robert