[Trainer-talk] AT Trainer

Zach Mann mann_zach at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 14:34:34 UTC 2014

Hello,
My name is Zach Mann and i am looking in to becoming an assistive Technology Trainer. I am currently working with DVR on career exploration in this field. They are asking that i find information on jobs in this field, as well as what college programs i can attend to gain the skills to becoming an AT trainer. I know there are not actual programs for this, type of job, however i know i could get a degree in education for a TVI to teach k12 AT.
I have also been working with DVR to try and attend the Colorado Center For The Blind, so that i can gain the confidence and skills I need to do this type of work to the best of my abilities.
I would like to talk to some AT trainers about this to gain some insight on how they got started in this field as well as what kind of training they them selves have gone through.
Thanks ever some much for your assistance n helping me pursuing the goal.
I can be reached at mann_zach at yahoo.com
Sincerely,
Zach Mann