[Trainer-talk] Duel Screen Support with either Magic 12 or Zoomtext

Michael D. Barber nfbiowa at qwestoffice.net
Tue Jan 28 11:39:24 UTC 2014

I hope you all can assist me with a problem here.  I am working with a
client who needs to use two monitors at their desk.  We've tried both
Zoomtext and Magic and are having some difficulty getting things to happen
the way she wants.
[*]
On one screen, she has the program inform information she needs to look at.
On the other screen is one of those PDF images which are scanned in
insurance applications.  What she wants is to be able to raise the
magnification level on the one screen without affecting the magnification
level on the other screen.  We cannot seem to be able to make this happen.
If you raise the magnification level on the screen where the application for
insurance is, it also raises the level on the other.  Duel screen support is
turned on in either zoomtext or Magic.

Is being able to do this a reasonable expectation of either program?    The
only other solution would be for her to have an extra computer and monitor
and she really isn't in favor of this, and neither am I, unless there's
absolutely no other alternative.  Both Zoomtext and Freedom Scientific have
been contacted but we're not making much progress there.

Thanks much.

Cordially,
Michael D. Barber