[Trainer-talk] Touch screen tablets, Narrator and JAWS

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 07:30:41 UTC 2014

Hi there,

Question.  After seeing a great Tablet last week (having Windows 8.1 and
Office 13), I decided it would be good to have one which works fully with
JAWS.

However, I'm going to need to set it up, and to do this, I'll need to use
Narrator.

Is there a way to activate Narrator on the touch screen with a touch
command, since the Bluetooth keyboard hasn't been hooked up yet?

I think once Narrator is hooked up, I can probably do the rest; although,
I've never had a tablet before that hasn't been an Apple product like an
iPhone or iPod Touch.

Any advice here?

Jim