[Trainer-talk] an issue with formulas in excel 2013

Nancy Vanderbrink nvanderbrink at sccb.sc.gov
Tue Jul 15 20:26:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,
So, a student and I have run into the same issue, we were working with ranges, part of the time, the edit boxes said nothing more than the title of their box, even when doing insert tab, they would still not read the contents, even while refreshing JAWS with insert escape.
One of the strange issues we had was when we would put in a formula, it would say "#Name?" and jaws would announce "Has formula"
Has anyone ever seen this?  I'm not sure if it's operator error or something with Office 13 and our network, I'm about frustrated and so are they, because we're following the appropriate process, it's just not coming out right.
Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

Nancy VanderBrink
Assistive Technology Instructor
South Carolina Commission for the Blind
1430 Confederate Ave Columbia, SC 29201
Office Phone: 803-898-8735
Email: nvanderbrink at sccb.sc.gov

July is fireworks safety month. Eye injuries from fireworks can be traumatic. Prevent Blindness America estimates that there are over 2000 eye related injuries caused by fireworks each year. The South Carolina Commission for the Blind encourages you to use caution around fireworks. Let the professionals handle them! For more information about how the SC Commission for the Blind can help you or a loved one, please visit us at www.sccb.state.sc.us or give us a call at 803-898-8731.