[Trainer-talk] www.protoolswithspeech.com

mcdiemert . mcdiemert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:19:50 UTC 2014

If any trainers have students who are considering a field in sound, or
sound engineering, please consider checking out the following link. It
is a new site, that I have launched along with a sighted engineer, to
increase awareness of the accessibility of Pro Tools.

June 8, 2014.
 We are proud to announce the launch of
http://www.protoolswithspeech.com, a site specifically geared to,  "an
 accessible approach to recording, editing, and mixing in Pro Tools
 with VoiceOver on the Mac". Offering both paid and free comprehensive
 audio tutorials for current and prospective users of the Pro Tools
digital audio workstation, there is sure to be helpful knowledge for
everyone.

 Our paid tutorials are broken up into three major categories,
Recording, Editing, and Mixing.
 The recording Tutorial is over an hour long and is currently
available for $9.99.  This module provides you with a work flow to get
up and recording quickly. You'll be able to create a new session and
add various types of tracks such as: Audio, Master Fader, and Click.
 You'll also learn how to use such powerful features as pre and post
roll, as well as Quick Punch, Loop Record, and playlists.  You can
read the entire table of contents at:
http://protoolswithspeech.com/recording-table-of-contents/

The Editing tutorial is an interactive audio module with nearly two
and a half hours of instruction and is currently available for $19.99.
After purchasing, you will be provided a link to the accompanying
session so that you can follow along with us and practice editing the
exact session you hear in the tutorial. This module covers concepts
such as, using VoiceOver's hotspot feature to manage information and
changes in Pro Tools, using markers, multiple techniques for selecting
and manipulating audio, comping vocals, as well as, fades, (fade in,
fade out, and cross fades). Read the entire Editing Table of Contents
at:
http://protoolswithspeech.com/editing-table-of-contents/

 The Mixing tutorial is a continuation of the editing module. You will
be provided with a second session completely edited, and ready for
mixing. We will cover concepts such as: adjusting faders,
instantiating a plugin, inserting a compressor, inserting an EQ,
setting up time based processing, automation via the keyboard, and
bouncing. Read the entire Mixing Table of Contents at:
http://protoolswithspeech.com/mixing-table-of-contents/

A bundle of all three tutorials is available for $42.99 a savings of
15%! For the first 15 purchasers, take an additional 10% off with
coupon code first15! If you're intrested in the bundle, take 10% off
with coupon code first10!

 Also, be sure to check out the content available in the free
tutorials section. We plan to add to these videos a few times a month
with new content. These are much shorter how to tutorials to help you
use various features of Pro Tools. If you have a suggestion of a topic
you would like to see us cover, please use the contact us link on our
site.

 Follow us on twitter @Ptwithspeech. One of the first 100 followers
will win a free bundle, and two others will win a tutorial of choice.

--
Warm Regards:
Matt Diemert