[Trainer-talk] Please some help embosser

Jordana Engebretsen JEngebretsen at KPBSD.k12.ak.us
Wed Mar 26 17:04:47 UTC 2014

Thanks a lot for your help,
The embosser is working right now!
Thanks again
Jordana

-----Original Message-----
From: Trainer-talk [mailto:trainer-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Chip Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:51 AM
To: List for teachers and trainers of adaptive technology
Subject: Re: [Trainer-talk] Please some help embosser

It's also possible that the Top of Form Ofset isn't set correctly. This is option 30 in the menus. The recommended setting is 3 (that is 0.3 inches.) Here, 	from the Juliet manual is how to set it:
OL Takes the embosser off-line
 0.1E Enter menu number 1. If you are using a different menu,  substitute the alternate menu number for the 1 in the  sequence  30.3E This will set a top-of-form offset value of 3 or 0.3 inches.
 This setting will remain until you change it, even after power is turned off  1.1E This will install the change and reset the embosser If you have paper loaded in the embosser, check to be sure the tractors are securely holding the paper and that the paper can flow smoothly into the embosser with no obstructions. Turn on the embosser and listen for the "Romeo & Juliet" tune that signifies the embosser is ready to run.
To set top-of-form, enter the following on the embosser's keypad:
 OL Takes the embosser off-line
 2E Set top-of-form
An automatic sensor inside the embosser seeks the edge of the paper, so the paper should begin to move back and forth until the sensor fixes the location of the paper's edge in the embosser's memory. After setting top-of-form, the embosser returns on-line automatically, signified by the two-note on-line tune.
IMPORTANT! The embosser's sensor must find the paper's edge to set top-of-form, which makes pages break in the right places. When you reset top-of-form in the middle of a printing session, remove any finished pages before issuing the 2E command. Every time you install a new batch of paper or clear a paper jam, remember to reset top-of-form with the OL, 2E sequence.

Chip Johnson, Technology Instructor
Colorado Center for the Blind
2233 W Shepperd Ave.
Littleton, CO 80120
(303) 778-1130 Ext.227 Voice
303) 778-1598 fax
cjohnson at cocenter.org
www.cocenter.org
Take charge with confidence and self-reliance!