[Trainer-talk] Scanning system for blind vendors

Nancy Coffman nancy.l.coffman at gmail.com
Thu May 1 19:28:36 UTC 2014

I am working with a vendor who has been trying to use the NEAT
scanner.  It is not very accessible but we thought for the purpose, it
would work.  If anyone has successfully used one, hints would be
appreciated.  We are currently considering OpenBook or some other
system.  My biggest problem with OpenBook is that it doesn't maintain
the format and could make things like receipts, invoices and other
complex documents difficult to read for vending program staff.

The reason we tried NEAT was that it would organize documents by type,
such as bills, receipts, letters and other types of materials.  It
also should allow scanning of a group of documents such as invoices
and receipts for a given month with a profit and loss statement, to be
put into a consolidated file.  The system is quite complex so with the
accessibility issues involved, the vendor has not been able to get the
information imported.

What do you have people using?  How do your vendors turn in their paper work?

Thank you.

Nancy Coffman