[Trainer-Talk] Possibly OT: need advice for dealing with semi-accessible software

Julie Adkins assistivetechtrainer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:57:12 UTC 2016

So what is weird in this situation is that their site says Clockwork is fully accessible with screen readers and that they have a AA rating for WCAG 2.0 compliance. I did see in an internet search that the developer used NVDA when making it. The company is also specifically a company that makes accessibility software, so I'm not sure how you ended up with a trainer that is not familiar with screen readers.  I hope it is just a case of miscommunication. As a sighted trainer, sometimes I do tend to see myself almost as an interpreter between the two computer worlds. Since they say it is completely accessible with screen readers, it sure makes me wish i could get in there and see what is going on. I'm sure you have HIPPA issues with that, though.  I also used to work in Disability Services. This looks like neat software. Anyhow, I would have to admit, even though I bet I could figure out the easiest way for you to perform the tasks you need to do, i have no idea what off-screen model means!

Julie Adkins