[Trainer-Talk] Seeking Info and Recommendations for a Keyboard for Someone with the Use of One Hand

Tech Center newvisiontechcenter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:14:07 UTC 2016

I agree, that following up with the AT Act agency in your state might
help. Additionally, depending on his condition, retention, etc. perhaps
a touch screen device like a iPod, iPhone, or iPad might work out. If
his still remember the keyboard layout he can utilize that and such
devices have the added benefit of a built in mic so dictation is a piece
of cake. Of coarse if he loves his JAWS he could move that over to a
Surface type device that would give you similar benefits. Honestly I
haven't had a chance to try JAWS on a touch screen with their gesture
support.. Just a thought.
-David

--

David Ward
Assistive Technology Instructor at New Vision