[Trainer-Talk] Opinions please, on embossers

J Acheson listsetal at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 23:02:56 UTC 2016

I would like opinions on embossers with the following abilities:
1. Interpoint brailling
2. Speed
3. High-resolution graphics
4. Accepts DBT (Duxbury) file formats.
5. Form feed
6. Wide width paper

Considering the Columbia using tiger software.

I need this to braille high school level math Geometry to Calculus and a lot of literary braille. Please do not bother telling that all the stuff is available somewhere in the country because it is not. School systems routinely adopt "new" books that are not yet transcribed. We do an incredible amount of pages every week. The embosser has to be a workhorse, fast, and be able to provide accurate graphics. I am not interested in one that will also produce print.

Thanks so much.