[Trainer-Talk] Apps for vendor inventory

Brad Hodges brad.hodges at outlook.com
Tue Apr 18 09:42:34 UTC 2017

Nancy:

While the idea of using an iPhone for this purpose is attractive in
several ways, I have observed that most retailers use dedicated hardware
devices. I am also aware that Cabela's uses an infrared scanner attached
to an iPhone for inventory scanning. My own personal experience also
tells me that using the camera for bar code scanning is time consuming,
in comparison to dedicated hardware. Perhaps using the Envision America
hardware as part of a solution might be worth investigating.

Best,

Brad