[Trainer-Talk] help with a Braille sense plus

Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. ukekearuaro at valtdnet.com
Mon Apr 24 04:37:06 UTC 2017

Graham, the BrailleSense Plus DOES NOT play ball well with every router you
throw at it.  Therefore, wireless connectivity will be epileptic!  I do have
one; the WI-FI and Bluetooth thingies HAVE NEVER quite worked and I just
quit trinkering with them!  Try with the ethernet, you might get some better
results that way.

Personally, I won't consider using a Braille notetaker running the
deprecated Windows C E OS for anything relating to the Internet or E-mail;
they don't have enough memory to handle uploads and downloads and, if you
get a lot of E-mail ...  Well, I'll fly you to Australia for two weeks and,
when you return, the BSP will still be struggling to grab all your E-mails.
The only Braille notetakers I might give a bit of a chance are those running
on Android; the Polaris, which begins shipping in May, will come with 3GB
RAM; not to shabby if I dare say so.  It is, as is always the case with all
these adaptive equipment, somewhat behind the times in that it will run on
Lollipop 5.1, just two updates shy of being current.

The BrailleNote Touch from Humanware is definitely one that I won't touch!
It runs on KitKat 4.4 which is now nearly as ancient as Windows C E.  Also,
forget B2G and Orbit, they run on Jellybean!  You'd be hard pressed to find
any app that will install let alone run on these!

Anyway, I hope your router plays ball well with your BSP, but, it'll never
be as quick as your smartphone or computer.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

---