[Trainer-Talk] teaching keyboarding and layout

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 25 03:17:00 UTC 2017

where do you purchase typability?

I saw an APH product for under 100 bucks.

I've decided if the student is not comfortable typing, I'll teach her how to
open up files and read them. This will not involve touch typing. I
will still have to teach her about the peripheral keys though.

Since she has sensativity issues, I will label some common keys such as the
f and j on home row
and see if that helps her find home row and type. Maybe once she finds home
row, she can type better. I saw her lay her hands correctly on home row so
she seems to have some idea how to type.

But there are lots of extra keys to learn, not just letters and numbers.
I'm wondering how to address that which is the non typing part. How to learn
the order of keys and use them such as control, windows key and alt.

I looked at the hadley site and it seems like their course only teaches
typing basics and not the peripheral keys.

Ashley