[Trainer-Talk] Typing/Keyboarding Training Program without Speech

Tech Center newvisiontechcenter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:56:59 UTC 2017

Typio is visually the best I've seen for low-vision. The Talking Typing
teacher from Mavelsoft and Talking Typing thing form APH are ugly as
sin. And don't do large print well. The Marvel Soft stuff i basically
running a Windows 95 program from the 90s that's been duck taped
together since time and memorial. Typio is fresh and looks good. Its got
bugs, but I've always had the developer get back with me in the same
day, and he's an AT Trainer ata VA hospital I believe. You can shut off
the speech. Its got like a free 1 or two week trial so I'd give it a try.
-David

On 7/12/2017 10:51 PM, Mauricio Molina via Trainer-Talk wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I am working with an individual who is low vision and absolutely loathes
> speech synthesizers. This individual is using ZoomText Magnifier and would
> like a recommendation for a typing/keyboarding tutorial program which does
> not use speech whatsoever. As a screen reader user myself, I depend on and
> have worked with typing tutorial applications from developers that utilize
> speech, e.g., MarvelSoft, YesAccessibility, and APH. This individual,
> however, is adamant about not having speech as part of the tutorial. Short
> of muting the volume, does anyone have any recommendations? In speaking with
> an A.T. vendor, they suggested Mavis Beacon but they did not know how this
> particular application would work with ZoomText.
>

> Thanks for any and all suggestions.
>

> Mauricio

*David Ward*
Assistive Technology Instructor at New Vision
(Formerly Voice of the Blue Ridge)
Phone: 540-985-8900
Fax: 540-985-8992
Website: www.newvisionroa.org <http://www.newvisionroa.org>