[Trainer-Talk] Student Assignment - digital interactive poster

Princess listsetal at aol.com
Fri Jul 28 13:13:11 UTC 2017

Greetings!
I have a student that I tutor who has been given an assignment to create a digital interactive poster based on a book they have read that is very visual, like a movie poster. In the guidelines the students are given a list of "digital tools" that may help them create their "multimedia interactive poster".  These include: Thinglink,Pictochart, CANVA, Biteslides andGlogster.  The students are also told that these programs have limited time access unless you buy them. I therefore cannot really plug into these ahead of time to check for accessibility and usability issues. On top of it all, I have never used any of these myself.

Please, if you have suggestions on how I can support this student in this assignment, let me know of any programs that are readily available and accessible. Right now I can only think of power point which I know he has no hands-on experience with yet. He has a windows based computer and a braille note. He does not use either very well.  I hope to remmedy those issues but this is a summer assignment.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.