[Trainer-Talk] Equipment for call center set up

Tech Center newvisiontechcenter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 12:58:51 UTC 2017

Greg,
The guys over at the InDATA project, in Indiana, tackle  this kind of
stuff all the time. Especially on the AT FAQ Podcast. I'd keyword search
the transcripts for playtronics or headset or call center.

Let me google that for you :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=indata+project&oq=indata+project&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1862j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#safe=active&q=site:eastersealstech.com+%22call+center%22+OR+%22Plantronics%22+OR+%22headset%22

Looks like a listing about half way down mentions a Dual Channel
Headset.... Haven't used a lot of this tech; an not sure if you need to
allow for screen reader feedback through the same headset.
-David

On 7/27/2017 9:44 AM, Greg Aikens via Trainer-Talk wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a client who worked in a call center prior to vision loss and she is preparing to return to work. I'm writing a letter to her employer recommending what technology she needs in the workplace. We have a Plantronics Dual Channel headset with a booster for the phone from a call center project we operated several years ago and she liked this set up.
>
> Can anyone recommend a specific headset? I assume there are more updated versions of what we purchased back in 2011 but preliminary Google searches have left me more confused. I also assume that which headset she needs will depend on her specific phone set up at work. What info do I need to get to make a recommendation?
>
> Thanks for any assistance or recommendations.
>
> Best,
> Greg
>

> Greg Aikens
> Senior Assistive Technology Instructor
> Center for the Visually Impaired
> gaikens at cviga.org

*David Ward*
Assistive Technology Instructor at New Vision
(Formerly Voice of the Blue Ridge)
Phone: 540-985-8900
Fax: 540-985-8992
Website: www.newvisionroa.org <http://www.newvisionroa.org>