[Trainer-Talk] braille display questions

Reginald George adapt at kc.rr.com
Wed Apr 18 19:01:43 UTC 2018

I agree that a larger display is better if you're working with the computer. But that 14th cell should be really good for your iPhone. I am not fond of the current crop of braille displays. I hate the keyboard on the focus because it's loud and it doesn't feel good. I like The braille edge does not pair with multiple devices and it came out into thousand 12 so it is getting long in the tooth.

Reg
"Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible."
Albert Einstein

On Apr 18, 2018, at 10:59 AM, Jeffrey Young via Trainer-Talk <trainer-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

I would highly recommend a larger display. Their are quite a few good options depending on what kinds of features you are needing, but 14 cells won't get you very far when using a computer. Personally, I think a display that size is nice for texting and portability, but for the kind of editing and proofreading it sounds like you do, you will want a 32 or 40 cell display.

Jeff Young