[Trainer-Talk] Embosser recommendations

Barbara Johnson xchange45 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 18:25:03 UTC 2018

I have worked with two  Index Everest D embossers, which can easily produce two hundred to three hundred pages a day.  It uses cut sheet paper and is flexible about size.  The embossers are two to three years old and have had no problems.  They work well with DBT.  Index Version 5 is supposed to be able to produce a range of file types without DBT.  I have no experience of this, but Version 4's formatting wasn't up to speed for complex documents.  Version 5 is also supposed to produce good tactile graphics, but I haven't done braille graphics.  I'm a life-long braille reader.  I don't know the difference between rounded and pointed dots, but the Index braille is just fine; no undue resistance on the fingers.  The current distributor is Humanware.