[Trainer-Talk] Nokia N86 with Talks

The Brandts djsabrandt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:14:45 UTC 2018

Trainers,

I'm sure you're laughing at the Subject line, but believe it or not, it is truly the reason I am writing to the list.  The person who has used his Nokia N86 with Talks and KNFB Reader Mobile is finding the earpiece of his phone going out.  He therefore - somehow - purchased a new Nokia N86 to the tune of $299.  He can't return it, unfortunately.  (I told him I wish he would have called before purchasing the phone, because I would have recommended an iPhone instead.)  He is in his 70's and is trying desperately not to have to learn something new.

Anyway, ​he still has the documentation from 2011 when he purchased the Talks program, serial numbers, etc.  The company where he purchased it from is no longer carrying the software.  I have tried contacting Nuance, but get ye old recording that directs me to a web page that doesn't exist.  Does anyone on this list know of any outlets for getting Talks put on a new Nokia N86 phone?

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this ::outdated:: equipment!

Jan Brandt