[Trainer-Talk] Tiger software suite question

J Acheson listsetal at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 12:33:39 UTC 2018

Good morning,
We have been using the tiger software suite to produce braille graphics. However, we have now been provided a phoenix gold embosser and the Firebird software. We are not pleased with the Firebird software because it does not give us the functionality of the tiger software.
Questions:
1. Will the tiger software work with the phoenix gold embosser?
2. With regard to the Firebird software, does anybody know how to fill an area, re-position text into a vertical position, and copy and paste content? Also, although graphic content shows at the top of the page, it seems to cut off the first content at the top of the page. Why does it show on the screen, but not get actually in Boston on the paper?
3. Big question here… Any recommendations on a different embosser and software combination? The current situation in which I had absolutely no input in the decision making process has created significant problems. What we really need is double-sided embossed capability and graphic capability. Yes, I am aware that graphics cannot be brailled in interpoint, however, what I need is to have text content in  interpoint and graphic content available all within the same program going to my embosser. What a nightmare this has been.

I don’t want this to result in a blast of negative comments toward any particular vendor. Therefore, if you have significant negative comments it might be best to send them off-line, use your own discretion.

Thank you so much,
Janet