[Trainer-Talk] Wordpress

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:46:42 UTC 2018

Jim -

wordpress.com is the blog-only site. Word Press the content management
system for web sites is something developed more or less
independently, I believe, and is available at wordpress.org.  I point
this out because you mentioned you want to start a blog.  You of
course can do a blog withthe full CMS, hosted and withyour own domain
name. The And I suspect that the tutorials out there focus on this.

We use a Word Press site here at CCB, including the blog. As a sighted
developer told me some years ago, WP is easy to get started with and a
steep climb after that. I use NVDA and do a lot of the content stuff
in the back end well enough, though it is limited by my weaknesses
iwth some complex image presentations.

As for a WordPress.com blog, my sense is that it's a smaller job
setting things up and posting. But it's also been a long time since I
even looked at the back end.

HTH for a start.
Dan