[Trainer-Talk] (no subject)

Reginald George adapt at kc.rr.com
Thu Feb 7 02:45:36 UTC 2019

Hi Kevin,
Best wishes for your career,  and welcome to the list.

Reg
Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans. Alan Saunders, John Lennon
Sent from my self driving starship!

On Feb 6, 2019, at 5:08 PM, Kevin Athey via Trainer-Talk <trainer-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Good eveing folks.
I've been on this list for about a month now, and have decided to
introduce myself, and let the intensions of why I have joined the list
be known.  I am Kevin Athey, and live in Kansas City, Missouri.  I
currently am employeed at a call center, working as a resource
planner.  Though I love the job, and enjoy the challenge of preparing
our team for new projects, using different websites, and the like, I
have grown tired of the environment of this job after five years.
After having a conversation with my friend, I decided to study, and
prepare for the Jaws Certification Exam.  As of January 17, 2019, I am
Jaws Certified in Jaws 2019.  My plans are to teach blind, or visual
impaired individuals, assistive technology.  I know that just having
Jaws Certification doesn't give me all the tools I will need to be a
trainer, but it does give me some ground to stand upon.  I have been
in the blindness skill training field previously, so know the
importance of quality trainers.  Group I would ask a favor of any of
you, that you share anything, whether it be advice, or any resources,
that would assist me in becoming a quality new assistive technology
instructor.
Your new colleague,
Kevin Athey

--
Kevin Athey
Assistive Technology Trainer and Consultant

Phone:318-497-2733
Email: kevinathey1982 at gmail.com