[Trainer-Talk] TalkBack resources and question

Greg Aikens gaikens at cviga.org
Wed Jul 17 19:59:13 UTC 2019

Hi there,
He is using an LG LS676. He currently has Android 6.0.1. That was after installing two rounds of updates this afternoon and he has more updates available he is going to get help installing before our next lesson. Sprint is his provider.

I'm not sure how far the updates will take him or what the latest supported version of Android is for his phone.

I wasn't aware that one can download other dialer apps. The feature he really wants access to is being able to answer his phone by pressing one button or executing one gesture while Talkback is on. Currently, the only option seems to be swiping until he finds the "Answer" button.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Greg Aikens
Senior Assistive Technology Instructor
Center for the Visually Impaired
739 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-602-4285

CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity.