[Trainer-Talk] Finding Bold, Italicized, or Underlined Text

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Tue Mar 5 20:28:10 UTC 2019

Hello:

What screen reader(s) are you using? What OS? What is the specific circumstance(s) of your query?

In JAWS, for example, there are many features for checking fonts. Insert+F will tell you the font attributes in the given cursor insertion point. Also, you can use text-analyzer to check for font changes throughout your document. Simply do Windows Key+ALT+I to check for the next text inconsistency such as when font styles, shapes, or ETC changes and Shift+ALT+Windows+I to go to the previous inconsistency.

You can find more documentation about it in the JAWS help.

on iOS, for instance, the only way to check for font type changes / font status is to just use my character or word rotor setting and flick up and down. When set to words, flicking down moves you to the next word, and up to the previous word, respectively.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Humberto

[JAWS Certified, 2019]<http://www.freedomscientific.com/certification>