[Trainer-Talk] Braille display options small and less expensive

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 20:55:07 UTC 2019

Ashley,
I don't know of many displays which would be small and have built-in
utilities to use, which would also be low in cost. The Orbit Reader 20
from APH is about $450 but supplies have often been limited. It has 20
cells but I don't know if it has any on-board utilities like
calculator, clock, etc. I think you can get 14 cell displays from
Freedom Scientific and Hims, but I think that they are also straight
displays without utilities. Perhaps others know more. I have found
that a small display makes me desire more Braille cells. I would not
recommend someone get a 20 cell display, since there will be more
scrolling or panning when reading text.

Good luck,
Wayne

--