[Trainer-Talk] Using Assistive Touch with Voiceover

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:03:24 UTC 2019

You might also take a look at Touch Accommodations, in Accessibility.
These can offer some options for those with dexterity issues. I would
advise changing one item at a time to see if that works. In iOS 13,
there are options for changing the gestures used with VoiceOver. So
for instance, if the rotor gesture is hard, you could change it to a 2
finger swipe left or right. I have Assistive Touch turned on on my
phone, but I just use it as an alternative to restarting the phone. I
have an iPhone XR so turning it off can be a process sometimes. You
might also check the site iOS Access for All. Here is a link to the
contents of the book for iOS 12, which includes a section for those
with physical disabilities:
https://www.iosaccessbook.com/toc/

Good luck,
Wayne