[Trainer-Talk] Please refresh my memory

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Sat Sep 7 01:18:18 UTC 2019

Hello Mr. Portillo,

Hope you are having a great day today.

With regard to your question about disabling the 1, 2, 3, ... auto numbering, as Dean has stated, you can:

1.  press Alt+T to go to the tools menu (trust me, this still works!)

2.  Press O to go to the options dialog box and open it instantly.

3.  Hit letter P for proofing, if your JAWS focuses already on the "Category" listview of options

4.  Press TAB to hit the "Auto correct options..." button and press enter and you will see your options such as the autogeneration of bullets, numbers et cetera.

As for the heading level announcement, I am not sure what this means exactly unless you want JAWS to not say, "Heading level 1 document title" as you scroll through headings. But anyways, check out the JAWS quick settings screen with Insert+V. There are a plethora and a myriadof options that you can learn there.

You can toggle the "heading level announcement" in the "formatting" section, or in the "reading" section, you can toggle the "Outline list level announcement" option which will stop JAWS from saying, "level 1." or "level 2." as you scroll through lists and such.

Hopefully this helps a bit! If you need more instruction, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Humberto

[JAWS Certified, 2019]<http://freedomscientific.com/certification> [NVDA Certified Expert 2019] <http://certification.nvaccess.org>