[Trainer-Talk] speech synthesizer suggestions

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 16 19:10:46 UTC 2020

Hello All,

I know the speech synthesizer is personal preference but some are better than other because they provide more inflections.

Can you suggest which voice or group of voices are  high quality and sound more human-like with more inflections and variations in pitch?
I was considering buying the acapela voices for use with NVDA. The ones I heard on the victor stream are great and do have inflections.
Some people I volunteer train are also wanting a good quality synthesizer so its easier to understand.

Also, can you use the windows 10 voices with Jaws? If so, how? I do not see any option  in the jaws menu to change it from the built in voices it comes with. We all know Elloquence is part of Jaws but some of the outside voices are clearer than eloquence.

How much is acapela? Also, if I bought it, can I install the license  on multiple computers?
Is it a one time purchase or is it like jaws where you have to renew the SMA for updates?

Thanks!
Ashley