[Trainer-Talk] speech synthesizer suggestions

Greg Aikens gaikens at cviga.org
Thu Apr 16 19:17:31 UTC 2020

Hi Ashley,
If you are using JAWS 2020, go to the Options menu > Voices  and there is an option labelled "Add/Remove voices." This allows you to add or remove the Vocalizer Expressive voices.

After you have installed the voices you want, Ctrl + JAWS key + S will allow you to select the voice profile you want from a list. This makes for easy switching back and forth.

If all you want is the Microsoft voices, they should already be available in the "Select a voice profile" list.

Best,
Greg

Greg Aikens, M.Ed
BEGIN Program Manager
Center for the Visually Impaired
739 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-602-4285

CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity.