[Trainer-Talk] Outlook.com and junk mail

Reginald George adapt at kc.rr.com
Sat Feb 29 00:10:34 UTC 2020

It happens with Gmail as well. Probably spam settings in the filters on the website somewhere. And it seems to be pretty random when it decides to throw in the junk folder because one day you’ll get a message from the same person it will come through in the next day it won’t and there’s no difference in the messages.

Reg
Life is what happens to you when you’re busy making other plans. Alan Saunders, John Lennon
Sent from my self driving starship!

> On Feb 28, 2020, at 2:00 PM, Jim Portillo via Trainer-Talk <trainer-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Howdy,

One of the email addresses I use for more personal things, such as family
and friends, is with outlook.com.  I use this email address both on my
iPhone and on my computer using MS Outlook.  For the most part, it works
well; however, there's an issue I have with certain people's emails going
straight to junk mail.  I didn't know this was happening at first, and a
close friend of mine kept wondering why I wasn't getting his email.

I thought of it and went to the junk mail folder, and sure enough, there
were a few of his messages.  I moved them, and all was fine.

Then, I noticed one or two other people's emails were doing the same thing.

It didn't have anything to do whether I was using my phone or computer.

Is there a way I can fix this so that my friend' emails come to the inbox,
where they're supposed to go?

Why is this happening?

Thanks for any help.

Jim